Namaste Campaign launched to attract tourists
Kathmandu: Namaste Campaign, a drive to promote tourism in the country at the international level, kicked off under the slogan – ‘Atithi Devo Bhawah’ or 'Guests are God'.
The campaign was launched by the Non Resident Nepali Association (NRNA), and other organisations active in the tourism sector.
Minister of State for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, Parshuram Tamang , inaugurating the campaign , said the campaign would play an important role in providing information on Nepal’s tourism attractions in the international arena.
NRNA vice-president Bhawan Bhatta said the campaign would be continuously run with the objective of bringing in 1.6 million tourists into the country until 2018.
The campaign started from Lumbini, Pokhara and Chitwan besides Kathmandu and will be extended to other districts in future.
More in this category
Reasons to Visit Nepal
Plan Your Trip Now !
Enjoy your vacations in Nepal
Get Itinerary suggestions from
- Nepal participates in BIMSTEC Tour Operators meeting
- Nepal expects more tourists from China: NATTA
- Himalayan Rescue Association elects new leadership
- 449 climbers scaled Mt. Everest this spring season , China suspends climbing permits for autumn 2017
- Nepal - China tourism sales mission launches campaign in China
Stay updated with Global News
on Travel & Tourism