Chengdu Municipality of China to help build peace premises
Kathmandu: Chengdu Municipality of China is to help in construction of a peace premises at Tinkune, Kathmandu.
Spokesperson at the Kathmandu Metropolitan City, Gyanendra Karki, said that the premises were going to be constructed at Tinkune with an objective of making the city more beautiful to attract tourists.
He said that the KMC was ready to give authority to the Chengdu Municipality for the construction of the peace premises, as the Municipality has shown interest in investing in the project. A team comprising KMC representatives would leave for China to hold further discussion in this regard.
According to the KMC, the estimated cost for the construction of the premises is more than Rs 1.23 billion. Even the action plans are afoot to complete the construction within next five years. A 16 metre tall idol of Lord Buddha will be kept on the premises.
Similarly, idols of Brahma, Bishnu and Maheshwor would be installed in each corner of premises. A fountain would be another thing to attract the visitors.
The premises is estimated to cover 51 ropanis of land. A hall spacious for 200 people for meditation would be there on the peace premises. – RSS
Aug. 7, 2016
More in this category
Reasons to Visit Nepal
Plan Your Trip Now !
Enjoy your vacations in Nepal
Get Itinerary suggestions from
- Nepal sees 25 % growth in foreign tourist arrivals in 2017
- NTB launches " Experience Nepal - Cuisine and Culture ", celebrates 19th anniversary
- PATA Nepal launches campaign of “Vision 5 Million”, new leadership elected
- Cathay Dragon launches 10-day flash sale to mark 10th anniversary
- International conference on “ Resilient Hindu Kush Himalaya : Developing Solutions towards a Sustainable Future for Asia “
Stay updated with Global News
on Travel & Tourism