115 thousand trekkers visited Annapurna region in 2016
Pokhara : A total of 114,187 trekkers visited Annapurna region in 2016 compared to 78,930 in 2015.
According to Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP), 129,624 trekkers had travelled to the Annapurna region in 2014, while the number was 106,499 in 2012 and 116,120 in 2013.
Annapurna circuit is the most popular trekking area in Nepal .
A large number of Chinese tourists visited the Annapurna region last year.
The hotels and lodges in the renowned tourist hotspot at Ghodepani were filled with Chinese tourists celebrating their New Year holidays recently.
The Ghodepani ,located in the world famous Annapurna Circuit ,has attracted a large number of Chinese tourists in recent weeks.
Poon Hill is the prime destination for tourists who arrive at Ghodepani via Kaski's Nayapul, Gandruk and Myagdi's Bhurung Tatopani. The Poon Hill stands 3210 meters above the sea level offering a sweeping view of 20 majestic mountains including the Dhaulagiri, Annapurna range and Machapuchare .
More in this category
Reasons to Visit Nepal
Plan Your Trip Now !
Enjoy your vacations in Nepal
Get Itinerary suggestions from
- Nepal hosted 753 thousand foreign tourists in 2016
- Nepal expects China's initiative to revive tourism industry
- ‘Nepal needs to attract more tourists from India-China’: Prime Minister
- 655,144 tourists in Nepal during January – November 2016
- NATTA urges government to recognize Nepal tourism as a national industry
Stay updated with Global News
on Travel & Tourism